Each graphics card comes with a set of drivers and programs that it needs in order to operate properly. Nvidia cards, in particular, require frequent updates and optimizations for various video games and programs. Moreover, the cards require certain processes to be working in the background. The processes are ‘nvbackend.exe’ and ‘nvstreamsvc.exe’. These processes work in favor of the card’s overall performance, and they can make the necessary adjustments on the go.
Nvidia often bundles their drivers and other software into one. That software is called Nvidia GeForce Experience, and its usage is quite popular. GeForce Experience is a tool that scans the computer at all times in order to obtain information about its performance. It uses that data to optimize various games. Therefore, it offers the user the best possible settings for each game and program. Despite its usefulness, let’s not forget that this is a cloud-based program. That essentially means that it requires constant updates and drivers.
Most users are dissatisfied with the fact that ‘nvbackend.exe’ and ‘nvstreamsvc.exe’ work in the background. As a result, they wish to remove them or deal with them in any way.
Checking the Process Listing in Task Manager
To check whether nvbackend.exe is running in the background, the users have to follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Scroll down until the process ‘nvbackend.exe’ appears.
In the right panel, there should be a description for each process. It should say ‘Nvidia GeForce Experience’ next to ‘nvbackend.exe’ process. By scrolling further down, the users will probably see ‘nvstreamsvc.exe’ process as well.
Uninstalling Nvidia GeForce Experience
There are many users out there who don’t use GeForce Experience because not all of them are gamers. Furthermore, some people simply like adjusting the game settings themselves, without the help of a program. In such cases, we think that GeForce Experience has no purpose, which means that it can be uninstalled. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the Windows Key on the keyboard.
- Type ‘uninstall program’ in the search box.
- In the list of programs, look for Nvidia GeForce Experience. Right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall/Change option.
- Follow the uninstallation procedure until the program is removed.
The user can check if ‘nvbackend.exe’ is still running in the background by looking for it in the Task Manager. After these steps, it should no longer be there. Additionally, ‘nvstreamsvc.exe’ (which GeForce Experience uses for streaming) should disappear as well. However, it is possible to remove only ‘nvstreamsvc.exe’. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R button.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the dialogue box (without the quotation marks).
- In the Windows Services Manager, locate Nvidia Streamer Service.
- Double-click the service and disable the startup.
- Click on Stop, and close the window.